Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Totally illegal breakfast with DS today
seeit2 posted:
My house is a total nightmare food-wise these days, DH is on an elimination diet to try to get his health in order (something I totally support, but it is hard to do the grocery shopping) and then we have the allergies. But DH went out for a long walk and DS and I were home together hanging out and I had a hankering for pancakes, so I made us a few. What a treat! With wheat, and real milk, and real butter! They were amazing. DS has never even had them before. He completely inhaled his, it was awesome.

I could make pancakes for both kids with soy butter and soy milk but they taste just a little off IMO. Not that the kids would know the difference. But to have something so completely illegal and get to share it with DS was really fun.

Now I"m kinda feeling like my life is sad, if this is such an exciting experience for me.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 responded:
When my LO is out of the house for whatever reason and I get time with just my older son, we always go some place we couldn't with Nathan. We go to the selve serve ice cream place, we get chinese food, dunkin donuts or go to IHOP. It is definitely a nice treat for us. I know exactly what you mean!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.