Skip to content
Eczema/dry skin issues
crunk05177 posted:
Does anyone deal with eczema? DS2 had it when he was a baby...mostly on his face where his pacifier touched his skin. However, this year he is scratching his belly and right above his butt. Lotion was hurting him so the doc suggested using an ointment until the skin heals and then use a lotion to control the dryness.

I am not sure if it is a coincedence but since his skin has been good for like 2 years I started washing his clothes in regular Tide instead of Dreft and using Dove soap instead of California Baby which is organic, fragrance free, and all that good stuff. So once we are home again (which seems to be never) I plan on switching back to Dreft.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

mrswhitecastle responded:
We don't deal with eczema, but Emily does have extremely dry skin. With the colder weather, I've noticed Emily scratching her belly a lot.

I never spent the money for Dreft. However, since having kids, I always wash all of our clothes in fragrence-free, dye-free detergent. I know I used to buy one made by Tide, I think it was called Tide Free and Clear.

Do you have a humidifier in his room?
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

crunk05177 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Thank you for responding!! We used vaseline on him every few hours until we could get the dryness under control and now we are using Aveeno lotion for eczema. I put it on both kids actually, I like it a lot. I never switched back to the soap and the detergent and it still seems to be ok so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

We do not have a humidifier in his room but I will def put one back in assuming that helps the skin?

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.