Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Candy Corn Recipe
mrswhitecastle posted:
Emily has never tried candy corn. It's always processed with nuts. Well, in playing around on the internet, I came across a recipe for it. I haven't made it yet, but thought I would share it here. Plus, now I know where I can find it from now on!

• 2/3 cup agave nectar
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 5 Tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup cornstarch
  • Pinch of salt
  • Orange & yellow food coloring

• In a sauce pan, stir together the agave nectar, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
    In a separate bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, corn starch, and salt.
    Reduce the heat to medium and boil 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Let cool at least 20 minutes.
    Knead the dough gently until smooth. If it begins sticking to everything, don't add extra powdered sugar to the dough — simply work with the dough on wax paper.
    Divide into 3 pieces. With rubber gloves on, knead several drops of yellow food coloring to one piece of the dough until the color is even. Repeat with the orange food coloring. Leave the third piece of dough uncolored.
    Divide each color dough in half again. Roll each piece into a long, thin rope. Line one rope of each color next to the others: yellow first, then orange, and then white. Flatten with a rolling pin. Cut the ropes into triangles. Some will be yellow-tipped and some will be white-tipped.
    Place in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes to firm up, and then enjoy homemade candy corn!
    Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (5)

seeit2 responded:
    Thanks for posting this!
    Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
    You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.