Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ADULT OATMEL ALLERGY- RARE
rgbearbee posted:
I am a 44 year old female who started suffering from a unknown itchy skin rash on my lower legs, it would come and go, i went to the dermatologist who did a skin punch test that came back as :nothing" so I was told i had eczema/dry skin and treated for such with a steroid cream for years, but as i got older it got worse, the itch was non stop drove me nuts, finally at a yearly physical my Dr said why nnot get allergy tested, told him i did that back when it first started, I had the scratch test on my back over 150 items i reacted to nothing, but my Dr bless his heart said what about a food allergy??? hmmm so i made an appt and got tested again the scratch testing on my back nothing showed but then I got the food test done as well and I reacted 4 out of 5 to Oats and tomatos, lightly to shellfish and hazelnuts.. hmm the allergy Dr looked at me and shook his head, told me that an Oat allergy is so rare, not much information on this, but he did tell me that if you have a Oat allergy it shows in two ways thru your bowels and skin well i had both so i wonder how many people who have IBS really have an Oat allergy or sensitivity?? I can tell you i never beleived i had eczema because it was only on onespot on my body... I am wondering does anyone have any info on Oat allergies, I need to know all the :foods they hid Oat and oat fiber in, I ate some Pita chips and broke out itching everywhere... i was told Taco bell uses oat as a cheap filler in thier ground beef so cannot eat there.... but so many things have oats in them i am looking for anyone who has done any research on this allergy, it usually hits small children and you outgrow it but i did not,. I can also tell you once i removed all the oats from my diet i could find i was ingesting or in my lotions (avenno) etc.. I stopped having joint pains in my knees and elbows... any help is much appericated my email is RGRIMES68@GMAIL.COM

Rebecca

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Debbie and I have moderate/severe asthma. I also have allergies including food allergies that trigger my asthma. I am married to the most a...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.