Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Soy reaction?
bravo44 posted:
While searching for the cause of an edema? internal oral swelling of tongue and cheeks, I seem to have "landed" on soy and products with soy. Example, first thought it was Teriyaki then further rooted to soy. Then find that "soft gels" regardless of internal ingredients, seem to be made with soy in some manner.
Am I correct, that soft gels are composed of soy products?
Has anyone experienced or heard of such?

seeit2 responded:
I would not try to diagnose this on the internet. If it is a true allergy then the next time who knows what might swell up, including your throat. As for the soft gels, I'm assuming you mean vitamin-type soft gels, they can have soy products in them, yes. TONS of stuff has soy in it - so please go see an allergist.

My mom can't have teriaki because she is very sensitive to pineapple. It makes her tongue swell...so you should probably get tested IMO.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.