Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Talking Epi Pen
    crunk05177 posted:
    Have you guys heard of the new epi pen that came out? My sister told me a rep came into the office she works for and it apparently speaks to help you through the process of administering it. Google it and tell me what you guys think. I can't open the websites here at work to cut and paste the info.

mrswhitecastle responded:
    I have read about it, and it sounds kind of neat. I would personally rather have one for myself that doesn't talk if it is cheaper since I feel fairly confident on how to administer.

I do see some benefits of it, but a risk as you have with anything. I think as long as you still stay diligent about training people how to use the Epi, it can only benefit. I think about the future, too, when Emily carries it herself. If she were unable to administer, it may help a stranger to administer for her. However, if you rely solely on the talking Epi (and don't practice or train anyone), then I see it could being a problem.
    Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)

crunk05177 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
    I agree with you 100%. I think it would work best for self carrying people. However, my sister was telling me that the needle itself is supposed to be better and less painful or something. I honestly didn't do much research but I think it is a pretty cool idea.

Helpful Tips

Shortening Oil
    Shortening is any fat that is solid at room temperature and used to make crumbly pastry. Shortening is used in pastries that should not be ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.