Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Talking Epi Pen
crunk05177 posted:
Have you guys heard of the new epi pen that came out? My sister told me a rep came into the office she works for and it apparently speaks to help you through the process of administering it. Google it and tell me what you guys think. I can't open the websites here at work to cut and paste the info.

mrswhitecastle responded:
I have read about it, and it sounds kind of neat. I would personally rather have one for myself that doesn't talk if it is cheaper since I feel fairly confident on how to administer.

I do see some benefits of it, but a risk as you have with anything. I think as long as you still stay diligent about training people how to use the Epi, it can only benefit. I think about the future, too, when Emily carries it herself. If she were unable to administer, it may help a stranger to administer for her. However, if you rely solely on the talking Epi (and don't practice or train anyone), then I see it could being a problem.
Emily (7 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)

crunk05177 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
I agree with you 100%. I think it would work best for self carrying people. However, my sister was telling me that the needle itself is supposed to be better and less painful or something. I honestly didn't do much research but I think it is a pretty cool idea.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.