Skip to content
Food and traveling
seeit2 posted:
It's such a hassle getting everyone fed when we travel, isn't it? We never eat out at home, but we got a little daring while in Florida and let DD have some new things from restaurants, like hamburgers, grilled chicken sandwiches - all of which we fully vetted for allergens before they were offered. And we had tons of french fries lol. The funny thing is, when we got home and had a home-cooked meal, both my kids thanked me for cooking and told me they were glad to be back having "normal, good food" again. (It was black bean soup! One of our faves). DH and I had a little laugh over that - we like that our kids prefer veggie soup over hamburgers and fries. DD told me she didn't care if she never saw another ham sandwich - we ate those out of the back of the van on the drive home. They didn't even want to stop at McDonald's during the drive.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
That's awesome that they prefer home cooked, good food over junk!

I can only imagine how difficult it is for you guys to eat out. It's a lot easier for us to eat out.
Emily (8 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
We just don't bother. You'd think that would save us money but I doubt it - I feel like I go to the grocery store every other day.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.