Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bakeries
mrswhitecastle posted:
The Bad News: Our nut-free bakery closed.

The Good News: I found another bakery willing to provide nut-free cakes. Not as good as the nut-free bakery, but still better than nothing.

I'm so sad to lose the nut-free bakery. They also did gluten free, egg free, and casein free.
Emily (8 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)

seeit2 responded:
Wow that sounds like a great place! Sorry you lost it.

I was thinking f getting some fancy vegan cupcakes for Lily's birthday but I'm not sure I can afford those suckers lol.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
More good news: When I ordered the cake for Elizabeth's party, they did say they handle other allergies as well (gluten, egg, etc).

Now, if I can figure out how to order Emily's granola bars online, I'll be set. I may even be better off as the new bakery is a bit cheaper.

I hope more and more bakeries follow.

crunk05177 responded:
But if the new facility isn't peanut free then the cake wouldn't be truly peanut free, right?

mrswhitecastle replied to crunk05177's response:
They said they can guarantee the cake was nut free. They would sterilize the equipment, and be sure that no nuts were being handled at the same time. I agree it's not as nice as the nut free bakery, but it's the same sort of thing I do at home.

I'm comfortable with that. I may not have been when she was younger, but I'm OK with it now. I do allow some nuts in the house now, I just keep them away from Emily.

crunk05177 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
That is perfect then!! We go to friendlys and then do the same thing for Nathan with his ice cream...wear gloves, steralize his cup, spoon, scooper, everything, open new packages of stuff to make sure nothing gets contaminated.

It must be so nice to have that option!

Helpful Tips

Recipe: Vegan fruity oatmeal bars
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar * 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour * 1/4 tsp baking soda * 1/8 tsp salt * 1 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.