Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I am so done with this teacher
seeit2 posted:
All I can say is, this year cannot end soon enough. Check out the list I got from Lily's teacher about what she wants to serve on the last day of school for their "celebration breakfast": pancakes, waffles, mini muffins, donuts, yogurt, fruit, syrup, whip cream, and juice. You may as well just give every kid a stick of butter. And the only thing DD can eat is the fruit. Nice.

So I'm going to frankenstein a muffin recipe to send in mini-muffins and send her in with a pop-tart or two and call it a day. For Lily's part, all she cares about is being at the party. She doesn't care what everyone is eating in comparison to her. So I at least feel like I've done a good job on that front.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 responded:
This teacher is nuts!!! Doesn't she ever learn?! Is she going to be ok being around the other kids who are eating it? or is it unlikely for her to react?

seeit2 replied to crunk05177's response:
Now that the contact allergy is gone she will be fine I hope.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
It's almost like she is doing it on purpose. An in-your-face, I can do what I want. Are all the teachers serving their class breakfast? I would think that would get expensive, and what a waste of food......

Are you counting down the hours left you have to deal with her?????

Good job on teaching Lily to have such a good attitude about it.
Emily (8 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Yep, counting the hours. Every teacher is having a breakfast but this one just really needs to be every kid's best friend so she goes overboard having parties and making things "fun". Goodness knows what any kid has actually learned this year.

mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
Is school out yet?

Thursday is a half day, and their last. DS starts preschool tomorrow - that will run through summer then carry over into the fall - so this week I actually get two mornings to myself before summer starts. Yay!

Your summer has already begun, hasn't it? Were you affected by any of the wild weather that's been going on?

Yay -- it will be over soon! Is Lily looking forward to Summer break?

How are you doing with preschool and the peanut allergy?

We have had over a week on Summer break so far. It's been so busy, though. We are having lots of fun, but I'm looking forward to some of those LAZY days of Summer!

We got lucky last Friday. There were 2 bad storm cells, but we squeezed in between them and just got a good thunderstorm. Just some time spent in the basement, and our electricity flickered a couple of times.

The peanut allergy situation is really easy compared to the milk, because so many schools are just "peanut-free" now. The attitude is more like "yeah yeah no peanuts here, right." instead of "holy crap how do we avoid milk?!" Or "Oh you mean lactose intolerance stop over-reacting". I dropped DS off this morning for his first day and he barely kissed me good-bye. That made ME a little sad!

Awww... It's such mixed emotions when they don't care you are leaving. You are glad they are happy, but sort of wish they missed you....

I guess it's kind of the same thing with the peanut allergy. I'm glad that things are so much easier with it. But, at the same time, it's frustrating that people can't understand there are other food allergies that are just as serious as peanut allergies.

Enjoy your free time! Do you have anything special planned, or just looking forward to taking a shower in peace???

mrswhitecastle replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
Yay! It's over!

Did it go OK today?

It's like you give a sigh of relief when they are out for the Summer. Phew, they survived another year of school......

So true! And she survived the breakfast party too. Some of the kids were literally spinning in circles after all of that sugar. It was crazy. Now we are trying to get into the swing of a summer at home together. My daughter can Dilly and waste time like a professional. (I all her Dilly, and him Dally). We stopped at the pet store for dog food and must have spent ten minutes comparing the PLANT LIFE in all of the reptile cages...AFTER we spent 20 minutes comparing the reptiles themselves. I am really going to have to learn to slow down lol.

How are you guys doing? HAving fun?

Helpful Tips

Recipe: Vegan fruity oatmeal bars
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar * 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour * 1/4 tsp baking soda * 1/8 tsp salt * 1 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.