Skip to content
Question about the future of this board
seeit2 posted:
I don't know about you guys but I think the communities have been abandoned by WebMD. I even have to log in again every few weeks. I don't particularly need them, especially for this board, but since there are so few of us hanging around I was wondering if you wanted to make any changes. For example, I could look around for sites that would let me make a new community that is invite only, so we could have a password-protected site. Then we could maybe share more information without the risk of complete strangers trolling around or making obnoxious comments. Of course, that would pretty much limit the board to the three or four of us, which you may or may not like. But let me know if that appeals to you and I can look into it more. My DH is a computer security professional so I could probably get us a pretty secure site to share.

Otherwise, I wrote a few notes to WebMD asking about taking the board private, which is an option when you set up the exchange to begin with, and no one has responded at all. So we can keep things just as they are here (which I may do either way just because it has so much great information on it) or we can look in to other options. I'd love to hear your input.

thanks! Deb
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
I'm open to doing whatever. I do want at least the 3 of us to stay in touch, wherever it may be. It might be nice to share more info without anyone/everyone being able to read it.

I've been posting less and less on the 4/5, as it is SO SLOW now. Plus, my girls have really outgrown it. Emily has wanted to start shaving her legs, and I'm not sure how those with 4 or 5 year olds would react to that, KWIM? This board is the reason I check in as much as I do.

I do think WebMD doesn't do anything with the boards anymore. It would have been nice of them to let us know when all the mods left.
Emily (8 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)

crunk05177 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
I definitely agree about staying in touch somehow. Besides for the great advice I recieve from you guys, the moral support is just as helpful, if not more. What about even creating a private group on facebook? That's the only thing I could think of right now.

The 4/5 year old boards are definitely extremely slow! It is sad! Although we grew out of it awhile ago, I am almost back in! Nathan will be 4 in October! CRAZY!!! But nobody else says anything so I guess it doesn't matter. I would like to stay in touch with a few people from there as well! Our kids have grown together without ever knowing each other lol!

seeit2 replied to crunk05177's response:
I will start looking around but I think we should totally stay here until I come up with something better. I agree about the mods, would have been nice to know. I think I'm just afraid that I'll post something personal here and some random troll will come and harass me and there will be no recourse. WebMD isn't even answering emails anymore, and they used to at least do that. So please do'nt leave me until i figure something else out.

I agree about the 4/5 board, it does seem to be dying but I don't want to lose everyone either. And like you Crunk my DS will be 4 in September so I could technically stick around anyway. I agree that your kids have outgrown it, MrsWC - but it might be fun to see what kind of response you get about leg shaving. I think that's so wild....I was in Jr High when I started shaving my legs. And I was the last kid I knew to do it which sucked. But I'm afraid kids are totally doing those things earlier these days - nice to have some input from other parents. If they don't have kids your age though then its not always that helpful is it?
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.