Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Allergist Appt Update
mrswhitecastle posted:
I know this might sound a little strange, but -- Good news! Nothing changed!!!!!!

I am so relieved that it is over. We did skin test her again, but just for tree nuts. She did really, really well -- no screaming, crying, or holding down. I could tell which 2 were cashews and pistachios, they were HUGE! The rest were all positive, but I expected them to all be huge. So, the results were actually better than I expected.

I also got a little, tiny bit of hope. The allergist said there is still a possibility she could outgrow the allergy. She said we would probably test again in 3 years. If at that time, she is still positive, it's highly unlikely she will ever outgrow the allergy. Since I figured we had already crossed that bridge, it's nice to know there is still a chance.

Such a relief to have that done with! Afterwards, we took her out to lunch, went to Target and got her a new Lego Friends set, and then picked up her sister and went to their favorite frozen yogurt place. (The owner's son has a peanut allergy, so they are EXCELLENT for handling nut allergies.) All in all, she had a great day!
Emily (8 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)

crunk05177 responded:
Hmmmmm sounds much like my son's appt. It's a little sad that no change is good news isn't it? LOL! I know EXACTLY what you mean by it!! I am glad she did well for the scratch test!!

I sure hope our third appointmet of the summer goes just as well,,,,,

seeit2 replied to crunk05177's response:
I can't even get the allergist's office to give me the lab results. Does not bode well lol.

I'm glad this appointment had less DD drama. And I'm glad the results were hopeful. We get the same "answers" about Lily's milk allergy - if she still has it at ten, she will likely always have it. But her numbers were so high (and getting higher every year) that we know it is up in the air. Given the disappearance of the contact allergy I am really curious about the test results this time around.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.