Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sad sad story Triggs
crunk05177 posted:
I can't get you a link on this story because most of our sites are blocked at work but google the name Natalie Giorgi. She accidently ingested a tiny bit of peanut butter while at camp and wound up dying from the reaction.

Personally I think she should have been rushed to the hospital for observation. She was 13 and took a bite of a rice krispie treat which is normally a safe snack. Apparently there was a peanut butter and chocolate icing on it. Once she realized it she spit it out right away. Her mom gave her Benadryl and observed. It took 20 minutes for her throat to start to close and her dad administered the epi pen 3 times but it wasn't enough to save her. I would never play the blame game because what happened is horrible but thought I'd share to remember to always be on our toes (not that I thought any of us needed the reminder really). All it takes is one teeny mistake

seeit2 responded:
That is a sad and scary story. I think her parents are talking about it alot to keep up awareness, which is brave of them. You would hope three epis would be enough...
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
That is so sad and scary.

I'm not sure I would have rushed to the hospital, either. I may need to re-evaluate our plan.....
Emily (8 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)

crunk05177 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
It is extrememly scary....moreso for us here.

My allergist told us that if he accidently ingested peanuts to go straight to the hospital to be monitored....you should def think it over....knock on wood, that plan is never needed but it's better to be extra prepared.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.