Skip to content

    Announcements

    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!


    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Sad sad story Triggs
    avatar
    crunk05177 posted:
    I can't get you a link on this story because most of our sites are blocked at work but google the name Natalie Giorgi. She accidently ingested a tiny bit of peanut butter while at camp and wound up dying from the reaction.

    Personally I think she should have been rushed to the hospital for observation. She was 13 and took a bite of a rice krispie treat which is normally a safe snack. Apparently there was a peanut butter and chocolate icing on it. Once she realized it she spit it out right away. Her mom gave her Benadryl and observed. It took 20 minutes for her throat to start to close and her dad administered the epi pen 3 times but it wasn't enough to save her. I would never play the blame game because what happened is horrible but thought I'd share to remember to always be on our toes (not that I thought any of us needed the reminder really). All it takes is one teeny mistake
    Reply
     
    avatar
    seeit2 responded:
    That is a sad and scary story. I think her parents are talking about it alot to keep up awareness, which is brave of them. You would hope three epis would be enough...
    Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy
     
    avatar
    mrswhitecastle replied to seeit2's response:
    That is so sad and scary.

    I'm not sure I would have rushed to the hospital, either. I may need to re-evaluate our plan.....
    Emily (8 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)
     
    avatar
    crunk05177 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
    It is extrememly scary....moreso for us here.

    My allergist told us that if he accidently ingested peanuts to go straight to the hospital to be monitored....you should def think it over....knock on wood, that plan is never needed but it's better to be extra prepared.



    Spotlight: Member Stories

    My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

    Helpful Tips

    Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
    From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 9 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.