Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mrs WC
seeit2 posted:
Congrats on your new addition! That is so exciting! Can you give us more details? Was this something you have been working toward for a long time or did it happen another way? Did you know your little one beforehand?
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
Thanks! I tell you, I had forgotten how difficult it is to get stuff done around the house with a little "helper".

DH and I had always been open to adoption. I had a tubal after Elizabeth was born, and we said we would adopt if we ended up wanting a third.

We weren't really thinking about it when we found out about her situation. We talked about it, and it just seemed right. There's still lots of legal stuff going on, so we have to be careful about the info we share. We aren't 100% sure it will go through, but we are hopeful.

It has been an adjustment, that's for sure. She is fitting in well, and starting to love her big sisters. My thinking is that even if things don't turn out well, we'll have gotten the experience of having 3 kids, and the girls will have had a baby sister, even if it was for a short time.

Now we are jumping through all the hoops to get info together. It's annoying all the info we need to provide, and sad that previous people have made the state require all the info it does.
Emily (8 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
I can only imagine how much red tape is involved. DH and I are very open to adoption also, but have been waiting to let our original kids get old enough to really understand what is going on. I actually looked into adopting one of my students, back before I had kids of my own, who was being shuttled all over the county in foster care and was on the way out of his original home for good- but his mother found a way to hold on to all six of her children and I did not get involved any further. I'm glad to hear you are having success making a home for her - it must be so exciting and exhausting!
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 replied to seeit2's response:
Without knowing the whole situation I can tell what you guys are trying to do is a wonderful thing! If only there were more kind and loving people like you guys in this world. It's sad what some of these kids endure out there. I told my husband, if we ever won the lottery we were going to buy a nice house, adopt a kid or two and hire a cleaning lady lol. I've always wanted to adopt a child to give them a better life. I hope everything works out and even if it doesn't it's always the thought that counts.

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.