Skip to content
DId you know Malia Obama is allergic to peanuts?
seeit2 posted:
Why am I surprised that after all these years we are only now learning that the president's own child has a food allergy? Why isn't Michelle crusading as much for food allergy safety as all the organic/eat more veggies stuff?

Anyway, hooray for the passage of the Epi-pen bill…and now we know:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2013/11/14/obama-malia-obama-food-allergies-bill-signing/3524363/

It's not the best-written article, but, that's a totally different rant lol
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

crunk05177 responded:
Yes!! I heard about it a week or two ago! I belong to SO many food allergy groups on facebook and we've been trying to find a way to use this information to our advantage. This one woman wrote a letter to the president thanking him for sharing and asking if they would work on a few things to make living life easier for allergic kids. She touched on things like not having to fight so hard for 504's and better food labeling laws. Apparently it is not a law to list for cross contamination in the US. A lot of these people call each and every company before feeding their kids anything. Call me a bad parent if you want, but I just can't do that....maybe I should, I don't know, I am so torn. Anyway, I convinced the woman to let people sign it before sending it to them. She put it on change.org and the last time I checked, there were over 700 signatures. it only took about a week to do! If you want the link, I'd be more than happy to share it!

mrswhitecastle responded:
I just read that a couple of weeks ago, too!

I wonder if they kept it secret on purpose to protect her. Maybe they were worried about some lunatic trying to kill her with peanuts. The secret service can pat someone down for guns/ammo, but not really peanuts.....
Emily (8 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
OMG I never even thought of that. You are probably right.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Helpful Tips

Dairy-free, Egg-free sugar cookies
From "The Joy of Vegan Baking" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau 1-3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.