Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ugh. Flu.
seeit2 posted:
DH left town in Friday so of course DS got the flu on Saturday. Despite obsessively cleaning the house and countless loads of laundry, DD and I were heaving all night last night. It is bad. Very bad. And we had flu shots. So if this was a lighter version of this thing, I can see why people are dropping dead from it. Yuck.

Hope the lungs are clearing and the fevers are coming down for the rest of you! (MrsWC, I know what you mean about quarantine lol).
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
Oh no! When does your DH get back? I hope soon.....

Mothers should not have to get sick ever. It should just be a universal law -- like gravity.

When we were at the ER yesterday (yes, again, but this time with the 2 year old), we were told there were a couple nasty bugs going around. One was a para-flu (have no idea how to spell it), but it wasn't supposed to last as long as the regular flu. The other one we were warned about that was going around had a fever that lasted for 10 days. Hopefully you have a "better" one.

I hope you guys are feeling better by now. Puking is the worst. Although, cleaning up puke while feeling like puking is probably worse.

FEEL BETTER SOON!!!!!
Emily (8 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (6)

seeit2 replied to mrswhitecastle's response:
LOL yes it is. So is puking in the locked bathroom while your supposedly too-big-to-tantrum four year old is throwing a good one right outside the door.

THere was no fever with this one, thank goodness. And it was not a constant thing but it took three days to really shake it. DD has dialed up the drama to squeeze one more day out but she is going back to school tomorrow.

I hope you don't have to change things with the new addition, that would be hard on everybody I bet. Mothers should not ever have to do give-backs.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Chewy Flourless chocolate cookies Gluten Free
from a supplement in my local paper these cookies are gluten-free 1 3/4 Cups powdered sugar 1/2 cup Dutch processed Cocoa 2 t cornstarch ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 37 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.