Skip to content
OT: Found homes for the dogs and BIL update
seeit2 posted:
We decided it would be cruel to bring those two beauties back to the pound, so we started a campaign to find them new homes. The big 6 yr old lab went to a soldier at Ft Hood and his family, and the border collie (doggie language for hyper and athletic) puppy went to a 50 acre horse farm near the Red River. So we did good. It feels like it has been the longest 10 days of my life lol...but we got them taken care of. Now I have to try to get all of the fur out of my house. Yay.

My BIL is home from the hospital. His short term memory is not good. He did not recognize his house. If you tell him to go to the end of the hall and turn right, he forgets where to turn when he gets there. But as my sister reminds me, she is so glad he is breathing and moving and knows her and the family - she will deal with the therapists and see if they can help him improve. It will be a long road, though.
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

mrswhitecastle responded:
I'm glad you were able to find such good homes for the dogs! Hopefully the kids are doing OK with letting them go.....

I can't even imagine how difficult it would be for you sister and BIL. It sounds like your sister has a good attitude, which will be so needed in the coming weeks/months. I hope the therapists are able to help, and he continues to improve.
Emily (9 - allergic to tree nuts) Elizabeth (7)

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Deb. I have two young children, one with severe milk allergy, the other with peanut allergy. My DH is gluten-free. Want to come over for di...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.