Skip to content
DeluxeHD
seeit2 posted:
Hey Debbie - are you still checking in? I saw the post below about your ELISa testing (it's old but extremely relevant to my current situation) and I was wondering if that test was, overall, helpful to you? My DH has developed a sensitivity situation like yours and is elimination- dieting himself into ... a tough spot. I think a blood test like that might be helpful, but I'm also afraid it might encourage him to eliminate even more from his diet and environment. Any input you could provide would be appreciated.

Deb
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

deluxehd responded:
Hi Deb,
Sorry your DH is having food issues. I found the testing helpful with the non food items. My results indicated very few foods were a problem but I couldn't eat most of them. I have since been diagnosed with mold illness which has affected my entire immune system and I developed a latex allergy. So I don't have true food allergies. I have heard good and bad about doing the testing. I have also tried NAET (Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique). They use muscle testing to identify problem foods and I think that is more accurate. I hope this helped and good luck.

Debbie
Adult with food allergies and asthma.

seeit2 replied to deluxehd's response:
Thanks for responding, I'm sorry to hear about the mold illness. Does that mean you can bring some other foods into your diet again or are you still heavily restricted? My DH does have a long list of sensitivities and is currently working with an RD who did some LEAP testing. She is helping him through it at least. I don't think he has tried NAET yet but we may look into it.

thanks
Deb (40) DD (4) Funny, spirited, curious, has a severe milk allergy, DS (1) fearless and bottomless, peanut allergy

deluxehd replied to seeit2's response:
Good morning Deb.
You are welcome. I will try to add foods now that we have removed the mold toxins from my body. I was able to add organic unsweetened applesauce and coffee recently. The doctor believes I may have Food Protein Induced Enterocolitis and gives me a 5% chance of gaining foods back. He is hoping to start me on a medication that may help repair my system and settle down my reactions to foods. We are hoping it does.

I am glad to hear he has help with the food sensitivities. So many times it just doesn't make sense but we know are body is not happy with certain foods. NAET is not usually covered by insurance.

Take care.
Debbie

deluxehd replied to seeit2's response:
Deb,

I have also tried kinesiology and had some success with that too. They do muscle testing for food sensitivities and a form of chiropractic care to balance the energy in your body.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Kate. I have celiac disease (not an allergy) and DH is allergic to tree nuts, peanuts, coconuts, fish and cucumbers and melons, along with ...More

Helpful Tips

Egg substitue for baking
You can substitute ground flax meal for egg in any recipe. Just mix one Tablespoon flax with three Tablespoons water for each egg in the ... More
Was this Helpful?
28 of 68 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.