Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

I missed this site....
Cindigal posted:
I have not been around lately at WebMd...been swimming at the pool except when we had that extreme heat. I can not stand those extreme temps. I noticed that nobody was at the pool.....not a soul.

Anyway, I have been doing stuff on Facebook too getting back with old friends. I was talked into facebook by my sister in california. I knew about Facebook but I was on the fence. I finally joined and i am glad that I did. All the friends that she knew are the same friends I hung around and they came to me and said to me "how the heck are you, it's great that you on Facebook". I posted some pics of my family, because of my friends knew all the family and they commented how my mom looked so good at her age. Anyway....I am getting to the point of this story. My son and wife and my granddaughter lives 5 miles away from me, I pray every day for my precious granddaughter, she is so precious. Negative side.... I only see her 1 time a week....yes...that's true. My son is a teacher, so he is off for the summer. She is a hairdresser.... only works 3 days a week.

Even when he was in school, i see my granddaughter 1 time a week also. But... what's his wife's excuse..??. She can't pick me up on her days off so I can see my granddaughter....?? It's a shame doesn't it. I am into crafts and I love to make things... I made a little bed for my granddaughter's dolls. I made magnets out of big letters and bought her a magnet board. She is really a smart girl already. I made big cookies for all of them, and I did not get a "thank you" from her nor a phone call or a email. Before a year ago, she used to send Thank you cards to me. That' s why I am questioning why is the problem now...?? I never did any thing to you. It's not take any time from them, shoot....I am only seeing my granddaughter 1 time a week. Sometimes it takes outside people to analyze situation when the people inside can not see.

cindigal

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Good to see you Cindi. No idea on the granddaughter and family issue. Perhaps they are struggling with something that they aren't ready to share? Maybe they feel you are too big of a presence in the child's life?
~Louise Sr Community Moderator

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi cindigal
I have a different problem my grandkids live far away about a 2.5 hour plane ride . I get to see my grandkids 2 times a year if I am lucky..be greatful for the 1 day a week ..
My grandkids are nearly grown and I was not a big part of their growing up but I did send cards etc on all the holidays. and my grandaughter is16 she and I are rather close just from the once a year visits... it was 10 day visits once a year..
I know how hard it is to be gramma and not be able to see them
Hugs Judy:)

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 84 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.