Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
pork
tinacutsinger posted:
Good, healthy recipes needed for pork cutletts.

Elaine Magee, MPH, RD responded:
Hang in there--I'll do some digging and will post a couple of options on Friday!

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
I wonder if you could make an oven baked schnitzel instead of frying on stove top. Bread and season lightly and cook as if making oven "fried" chicken, then squeeze a bit of lemon on top.
~Louise Sr Community Moderator

Elaine Magee, MPH, RD responded:
One of the fastest ways to prepare pork cutlets is to saute them in a nonstick skillet. Here's a generic recipe and you could change the seasonings and sauces as desired.

Sauteed Pork Cutlets

Makes 4 servings

4 pork cutlets
freshly ground pepper
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons shredded or shaved parmesan
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

1. ?Place cutlets between two sheet of parchment paper and pound to 1/8-inch thick using a meat mallet. Season both sides with pepper.

2. ?Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork cutlets to pan and brown about 2 minutes per side. If pan become dry, drizzle with white wine or broth.

3. ?Transfer to a serving plate and drizzle lemon juice over the cutlets and sprinkle with Parmesan and chopped parsley.

4. ?Serve with condiment or dipping sauce of choice (grainy mustard, marinara sauce, ?pesto sauce etc.)

Hope this gets you started!?

Helpful Tips

6 Ways to Switch to Whole FoodsExpert
The more we know about nutrition and health, the more it seems we need to eat the way we did a hundred years ago. ?Recent research is ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 48 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.