Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Fast Food and Convenience Food Memories
Louise_WebMD_Staff posted:
A coworker of mine and I lapsed into a conversation the other day. She misses Morton's Frozen Donuts which she doesn't believe are made any longer. I said I thought our supermarket carried them, but I would check. I know they sell some types of frozen donuts.

I talked of missing a sandwich Carl's made about 15 years ago--a "Frisco Melt." When Carl's and Hardee's merged and we were to get a Carl's in Florida, I longed for that sandwich--but it never showed up.

Of course, when I lived far away from Hardee's, I missed the Steak and Egg biscuit of my childhood. By the time I moved East, they had a steak biscuit, but not the steak and egg. (and no, our Hardee's wouldn't just add the egg and charge extra)

I know my partner's grandmother (who passed away long before I knew her) loved the McRib with a passion and would get excited each time it came back. I have never had a McRib, but I know other people felt the same.

My convenience food that I miss? Back in the early 80s, there was a dry mix that you added to a can of tuna and mayonnaise to make tuna salad. I loved it. A lot. Every time a new tuna product comes out, I look to see if it is really this old thing brought back. No dice.

All of these things likely are better in our memories and out of our diets, especially those of us pursuing a healthier diet, but what now discontinued products do you miss?
~Louise
Sr Community Moderator

Helpful Tips

Divinely Delicious Lasagna - Low Fat, too!
I made this up, so you can do whatever you'd like with this. WARNING: You may end up making 2 dishes like I did. But, that's fine, ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.