Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
Dips that use Greek Yogurt
Cindigal posted:
I bought Greek yogurt the other day when I went grocery shopping cause I know its much better than sour cream for dips, or anything. I bought it before and I don't know remember how I used it. They say the the mind is the first thing to go. Anyway I bought about 3 cucumbers and I had a bag of baby carrots in my fridge. I have alot of seasoning to make a dip for those veggies. Also I made a whole chicken the other day and since I live alone i will stretch that chicken for a whole week and make meals. I just cooked it last night. Tomorrow I am thinking chicken enchiladas because I have whole wheat tortillas in my fridge, tomatoes, a can of chick peas, cumin and chili powder and low fat shredded cheese. It seems I answered my own question. Seriously, what would you use with the greek yogurt and seasonings for the enchiladas.

cindigal

Elaine Magee, MPH, RD responded:
Hi Cindigal! I'm not sure what your question is. Greek yogurt can be used in place of sour cream or yogurt in your recipes. I think it would make a nice addition to the filling of the enchiladas (adds a creaminess) or as a dollop on top of your enchiladas when you are serving it.

I hope that helps!

jhilton1 replied to Elaine Magee, MPH, RD's response:
My hubby and I eat a lot of yogurt, but we had decided to switch to greek yogurt.... does it taste like sour cream? he will hate it if it does

3point14 replied to jhilton1's response:
no, it's delicious.

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to jhilton1's response:
The plain tastes just like sour cream, but I have to tell you I got used to it within a day or two. Now I add a very small amount of granola (banana nut) to it and have it for breakfast everyday! :)
Keep at it, it really grows on you.
Chrissy~

jhilton1 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks! So I wonder if using plain greek yogurt would be a good alternative to sour cream on tacos and such

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to jhilton1's response:
I added some soup mix to the yogurt and used it as a dip with veggies last weekend while watching football! It was a good alternative. I was thinking the playoffs were going to kill me diet wise so I had to think light! I did this and salsa and chips. No football this weekend, but that doesn't mean I won't be snacking! :) Give it a try, let me know what you think.
Chrissy~

Helpful Tips

Divinely Delicious Lasagna - Low Fat, too!
I made this up, so you can do whatever you'd like with this. WARNING: You may end up making 2 dishes like I did. But, that's fine, ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.