Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Is there a cause for alert?
An_198306 posted:
I recently found an item that would allow me to bake a garlic bulb in my oven. It was great! The flavor was out of this world...used it on bread, toast, and sometimes...just ate a pod with nothing else. I baked one bulb, and went out and purchased more. After eating about two bulbs...alone...I noticed that my urine appeared cloudy and foamy. This condition has now lasted for about two weeks...is there a cause for alert? Should I stop with the garlic? Need to know...the garlic taste is to dye for...Thanks

laura2gemini2 responded:
I believe the two are mutually exclusive...which means you should go to a doctor to check and make sure your kidneys are OK.

EricE_MA responded:
Most of the time cloudy urine indicates a kidney, bladder, or urinary tract infection. So, that is cause to visit your health care provider to get checked out. Foamy urine could be from protein losses in the kidney, but is likely connected to the infection. Either way, that is cause for a health care provider visit. Most likely, these symptoms were not caused by the garlic consumption per se.

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 84 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.