Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
Eating Molded Foods
avatar
tgullatt2 posted:
Hi I just accidentally ate a piece of molded bread?
What should I do?
Reply
 
avatar
Elaine Magee, MPH, RD responded:
You should be fine. Throw away the bread if there is still some in your home and definitely try not to eat moldy bread again. You can discourage mold on bread products by keeping them in the refrigerator.

Here's a fact sheet you might find helpful:

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/factsheets/molds_on_food/#2


Here's what they say about mold safety:
Yes, some molds cause allergic reactions and respiratory problems. And a few molds, in the right conditions, produce "mycotoxins," poisonous substances that can make you sick.


Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 84 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.