Skip to content

Announcements

USDA Unveils "My Plate" Icon
Olivia_WebMD_Staff posted:
Earlier today, the USDA unveiled the new "My Plate" icon that replaces the out-dated food pyramid.

This will be the beginning of an increased effort to bring more attention to the recently updated USDA/HHS Dietary guidelines. The colorful plate is a much simpler visual guide to how much of each food group we should eat on a daily basis. For your convenience, WebMD has designed a printable version of the plate for our members. We hope you'll print it out and hang it on your fridge and also share it with your friends and family.

Be sure to read the full story here -- USDA Ditches Food Pyramid for Healthy Plate .

Have you made any changes to your diet lately to eat more healthy? If so, tell us what steps you have taken.

Take the Poll

I've added more ________________ to my diet this year for a more healthy balance.
  • Vegetables & Fruits
  • Seafood
  • Whole Grains
  • Lowfat Dairy Products
  • Healthy Oils
vote
View Poll Results

alaska_mommy responded:
I'm interested to see what new guidelines they roll out on this.
I'm not going to take the poll because I feel that I already eat pretty healthy and don't need to really tweak anything. I'm semi-vegetarian, and I love a variety of fruits and veggies, and crave them if I leave them out of my diet. I suppose I could eat more red meat, I do need the iron. But that's about the only change I need to make.

Helpful Tips

Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Ingredients 2 pounds Beef Stew meat 2 Sweet Potatoes 4 Carrots (peeled and chopped) 2 Celery Stalks (chopped) 1 Spanish Onion (chopped) 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.