Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
Mixed Berry Pretzel Tart.......This is soo sinful...
Cindigal posted:
Talk about decadent and sinful... I just read about Greek yogurt in one of the posts and would you believe this recipe contains greek yogurt and you would never believe it. I made this last week and I might try again this week and if you try it I hope you remember me...lol. I will copy the recipe here and I hope it works. Let me know if you make the dessert.

Crust
2 cups crushed pretzels
3 tablespoons sugar
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted

Filling
8 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
7 ounces plain Greek yogurt (not fat-free)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 3-oz. packages strawberry gelatin
1 16-oz. package frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries
1 16-oz. package frozen unsweetened blueberries
3/4 cup heavy cream

Preparation
1. Make crust: Preheat oven to 400ºF; mist a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place crushed pretzels in bowl of a food processor. Add sugar and melted butter and pulse to combine. Press pretzel mixture into baking dish and bake for 8 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely, about 20 minutes.

2. Make filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar until well blended, about 2 minutes. Fold in yogurt and vanilla. Spread over cooled pretzel crust, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.

3. In a large bowl, dissolve both packages of gelatin in 2 cups boiling water. Let cool until mixture begins to get syrupy, about 15 minutes. Stir in strawberries and blueberries and pour over cream cheese layer. Chill until firm, 2 to 3 hours.

4. Whip cream until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Cut tart into squares and serve with whipped cream.

cindigal

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks for posting this Cindigal. Sounds delicious!

Sounds like something I can take to a Sunday BBQ this weekend!

Elizabeth

Elaine Magee, MPH, RD responded:
Lightening tips for this recipe--although you didn't ask for this : )

* You can eliminate the butter and keep the pretzels a nice crumbly coating on the bottom (you might only need 1 cup if you do this)
* You could probably eliminate the sugar in the crust if you do this as well
* You can use light cream cheese
* You CAN use nonfat Greek yogurt
* You can use sugar free strawberry gelatin if desired
* You can delete the whipped cream topping or use a lot less

Helpful Tips

Gardening
Growing your own vegetables can be a great way to not only incorporate more fresh food into your diet but also get some exercise. Gardening ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.