Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Harry Potter Food - See The Movie and Plan a Feast!
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Gather your wizards and muggles and host a movie release party with food and drinks inspired by the Harry Potter series.

Your menu could include:

Butterbeer - Ginger-ale or Cream Soda with Butterscotch Syrup
Bertie Bott's Every Flavored Beans - Jelly Beans
Licorice Wands - Licorice Strands
Cauldron Cakes - Mini Spice Cakes or Cupcakes
Jelly Slugs - Jello Jigglers

My 6 year old daughter had Butterbeer this morning at her Harry Potter themed Tennis & Swim camp. She just told me she did not like it! I need ideas for improvement!

Let's see what you can come up with to win the House Cup!
Elizabeth

erice_ma responded:
Whenever reading the Harry Potter books, I was always struck that it must take a tremendous amount of calories to be a wizard. And the source of the magic must preferentially burn sugar.

I don't think the Hogwarts diet is meant for us Muggles.

Wizards would not fare well in Massachusetts Schools:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/07/13/health_officials_to_consider_school_snack_rules/

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to erice_ma's response:
Thanks for this Eric!

You are right Hogwarts meals and snacks would not pass the MA test or be good for us sedentary Muggles.

Are you planning on seeing the movie this weekend?

Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

What's Wrong With Eating Low Carb?Expert
Generally a really low carbohydrate eating plan is not desirable for most people because our brain and our muscles prefer to run on ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 38 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.