Skip to content

Announcements

Celery leaves
Tomato05 posted:
When I buy celery, I trim off the leaves and eat only the stalks.

I often wonder though, if there is maybe a good use for the leaves - am I throwing out a useful part of the vegetable? I was thinking of trying to use it in soup.

Are the leaves nutritious at all (otherwise no point in using them, I suppose)?

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi Tomato I do use them in soup when I make a home made stock then broth.. I have no idea if they are nutricious but I suspect they are after all they are a green vegie
Hugs Judy:)

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
The leaves taste a lot stronger than the stalks. I always use them in my beef stew and soups. Usually in plants, the leaves do have more nutrients than the stalks.

Tomato05 replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Thanks Judy and FBMom - I think I'll do the same and use them in soups, casseroles, stews.

Won't tell my dinner guests I'm feeding them celery leaves!

Helpful Tips

All fine with some changes
I am slightly diabetic and not overweight, but still make these changes to almost all baked goods: Replace all flour with a combination ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.