Skip to content

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
Coffee or Tea?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Are you a coffee or tea drinker?

Both have health benefits and risks. Just plug "coffee tea" into our search engine and you can find a wealth of information from brain cancer to constipation and much more!

I am a three cup a day instant (stop making faces, need quick and easy, it's an acquired taste) coffee with non-dairy creamer type of girl. If I am out and about I like to enjoy a soy cinnamon dolce latte.

Tell us your preference? Do you feel like you need a caffeine fix or do you just enjoy your cup of Joe or tea?
Elizabeth
To eat is a necessity, to eat intelligently is an art. La Rochefoucauld

annie5times responded:
I drink three cups of coffee each morn. love the one cup Keurig machine. I take ambien at night so really need coffee to wake up, will drink a cup at night,but,it will be decalf.

Tomato05 responded:
Tea - both green and black.

I drink about 2 cups of coffee a day too (decaf), but about 12 cups of tea a day. Can't function without my tea!

jis4judy responded:
Hi for a long time I was a 2 cup a day instant with cream 2 sugar for the last 25 years I have been drinking my coffee still instant black nothing in it ,, the last 8 years was 2 c black coffee every morning lately I cut back to 1 cup a day
and I drink green tea was 2 cups a day until lately now only 1 C a day the reason is I donlt have to visit the bathroom so much with less coffee and tea . I do feel the coffee at least one Cup is a need to keep me sharp and focused..
Hugs Judy:)

irisheyes213 replied to jis4judy's response:
There are very few varieties of tea I don't like but I am not a coffee drinker unless it is a high calorie fufu drink. I do stick to soy these days without any whip cream but I rarely indulge since a nice iced tea works just as well for me Pomegranate green tea is my current fave.

Elaine Magee, MPH, RD responded:
Great question and I'm both but more sore a tea drinker. I've written a lot about the health benefits tea in my books and for WebMD so I'm a tea fan for sure. I like green and white for the most part and tend to like the subtly flavored ones.

I do enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee a few times a week and I seem to be on a chai latte kick of late--nonfat or soy milk no whip : )

kittenmittens responded:
Tea. Coffee very rarely. Tea comes in so many more flavors that it's not necessary to add any sugar or creamer, while coffee usually requires the above, which only add additional calories that I don't need.

Helpful Tips

Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Ingredients 2 pounds Beef Stew meat 2 Sweet Potatoes 4 Carrots (peeled and chopped) 2 Celery Stalks (chopped) 1 Spanish Onion (chopped) 2 ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.