Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Metabolism Boosters for Busy Holiday and Cold
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Why, oh why, do the holidays AND cold and flu season have to coincide?

Start planning now to boost your metabolism to survive this busy time of the year and not get run down!

In addition to getting enough sleep and Vitamin C these resources may help you to prepare -

What do you recommend for boosting your metabolism and combating cold and flu season?
Elizabeth
~To eat is a necessity, to eat intelligently is an art.~ La Rochefoucauld

jis4judy responded:
Hi Elizabeth I prepared for the flu season by getting my flu shot last week , I haven;t had a cold or flu in 7 years I think it has something to do with my Nutrition quest and of course the flu shot ..
I get plenty of vitamin C
I use weight training to increase my metabolism
Hugs Judy:)

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy,

Thanks for the flu shot reminder, I got my WebMD employee voucher/coupon to get mine and keeps slipping my mind!

Sounds like you are prepared and we all need to keep nutrition, rest and exercise in mind!
Elizabeth

Anon_77886 responded:
I hate to be a downer, but I recently had a dry, scratch throat which is my sign that a cold is coming on. I took the next day (Friday) off from work. I slept about 30 hours over the weekend and I drank loads and loads of fresh squeezed OJ and Grapefuit juice. My cold seemed to last just as long as usual (about 10 days from start to finish). I feel like there is nothing I can do to stave off a cold!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Anon_77886's response:
Welcome Anon!

Hope you are feeling better! Not a downer at all! I just wish with all the medical advances that we could come up with a cure for the common cold!
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 84 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.