Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

How many veggies, fruits and whole grains do you eat each day?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
We know eating a healthy balanced diet leads to better health and longer life, this new study discusses how women should load up on certain vegetables, fruits and whole grains to lower their chance of stroke.

Diet Loaded With Veggies, Fruits, Whole Grains May Cut Stroke Risk

Share your typical daily intake. After reading this will you "load up" on any extras?
Elizabeth
~To eat is a necessity, to eat intelligently is an art.~ La Rochefoucauld

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi Elizabeth
My daily food is usually loaded with fruits and vegies whole grains
I have whole grain cereal at breakfast with berries and an orange ,fat free milk

dinner a green vegie and maybe a sweet potato or reg potato a protein source I usually have a salad with dinner with mixed greens cukes tomatoes yellow peppers avacado. or black olives
snacks are fruits like apples plums strawberrys blueberries
and nuts
Hugs Judy:)

Rohvannyn replied to Jis4Judy's response:
Lots of nuts, seeds, fruit such as apples, oranges, grapefruit and pomegranate, stir fry every night with green beans, broccoli, carrots, sunflower seeds, mushrooms, black sesame. Dried fruit for candy. Chicken breast and fish for protein. Not much else, actually. No grains or starchy vegetables such as potatoes, next to no sweetener of any kind other than fructose.

Helpful Tips

6 Ways to Switch to Whole FoodsExpert
The more we know about nutrition and health, the more it seems we need to eat the way we did a hundred years ago. ?Recent research is ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 49 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.