Skip to content

Announcements

losing weight after Cholecystectomy
elena121959 posted:
I need to know if there's any way to lose weight put on after a cholecystectomy. I didn't know until it was too late; that I should have changed my eating habits. I can't do certain exercises on account of my knees. I've seen commercials for "Lipotene", but don't know if it's safe. I've managed to lose a few pounds due to being sick; but not enough.Because the weight is in my upper abdomen; above my navel; it seems harder to lose. Anyone who's been there please give me advice. Thanks!

tinkerbell6564 responded:
Yes, you have to want too first. You have to stick to a plan second. Weight Watchers would be easy. OR Save money by eating a limited amount of carbs and only whole wheat breads and no processed food.try not to have carbs later then lunch. Fill up on green vegetables, broth soups and no more then 3 fruits a day.Non fat sugar free fruit yogurt for dessert. Choose basic stuff when it comes to your food. Broil, steam, boil and bake. When you have too, saute instead of fry.No high fat sauces. Mustard is good. Rubs and mixed seasoning for flaver. Eat low fat and low carb.Keep it simple for two weeks till you get started. one cup high fiber kashi cereal makes a great snack. I started with a sandwich of diet whole wheat bread for breakfastwith egg or cheese and lunch with turkey coldcuts,mustard and as much lettuce that would fit. snacks were fruit,yogurt,kashi cereal. dinner was salad ,oil/baslamic vinegar, and a steamed veg . stuffed myself with veg.no starch. choose fish or chicken. family had beef stew one nite. I took meat and veg no potatoes and still lost weight that week.

Foods still annoy my stomach but I don't care. If they are good for my diet I still eat them. But if you have the same problem just avoid them. I seem too have less problms when I limit my carbs.

DO NOT START UNLESS YOU HAVE ENOUGH GROCERIES AT HOME TO MAKE THE WEEK OR YOU MAY LOOSE MOMENTUM AND QUIT

elena121959 replied to tinkerbell6564's response:
Thank you, Tinkerbell6564!

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 89 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.