Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Includes Expert Content
Don't Let Santa Think You're a Rookie! Practice Now to Bake the Best Cookie!
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
I am overwhelmed with cookie recipes! I always want to try something new, run out of time and go to my tried and true collection of what my family considers boring...Chocolate Chip, 7-Layer Bars, Macaroons.

What are your family favs?

Are you going to try something new this year?
What do you suggest I try?

If you need ideas check out our Cookie Recipes Directory and Healthier Holiday Cookie Recipes .
Elizabeth
~To eat is a necessity, to eat intelligently is an art.~ La Rochefoucauld

RoseLynn02 responded:
We aren't too big on cookies, but we do make sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies, & chocolate chip cookies. We also make home made banana bread (old family recipe/ can't give it out) & fudge. Sometimes I'll make a pie. Maybe go out on a limb & make a mix berries pie with home made whip topping. It's easy to do & yummy.

Jis4Judy responded:
Hi Elizabeth
at my house the tradition is painted sugar cookies painted with eggyolk paint with added food coloring then sprinkle with colored sugar crystals we have cookie cutters like angels trees santas stars bells etc
I also make chocolate chip cookies I use the recipie on the bag of chocolate chips and add in uncooked oatmeal to the cookie mixture at the same time as the nuts and chocolate chips .. I sometimes add in natural peanut butter this is a nice variation...

like Rose we also do a family banana bread
one year I I skipped the cookies and banana bread and made a marbled cheese cake . we still made the painted cookies thats a tradition since my kids were small ...
this is a challengeing holiday for me since I have a huge sweet tooth and will have to limit myself with all these treats
Hugs Judy:)

Carolyn Brown, MS, RD responded:
All of these sound mouthwatering! Don't let santa think you're a rookie; love it. I am simple when it comes to cookies, give me a homemade gooey chocolate chip cookie and I'm in heaven.

I don't bake too much - I think I'm more of an "experimental" cook -- as in my measuring cups don't get that much use, but I'm going to give a spin on cookies a shot this week. I received a few bottles of really good olive oil recently and they recommended I try baking with it - here's the recipe:
http://www.californiaoliveranch.com/recipes/desserts/olive-oil-chocolate-chip-cookies

has anyone ever baked with olive oil??
Will let you know how it goes!

Helpful Tips

What's Wrong With Eating Low Carb?Expert
Generally a really low carbohydrate eating plan is not desirable for most people because our brain and our muscles prefer to run on ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.