Skip to content

Announcements

What do you think will be the big food trends for 2012?
Carolyn Brown, MS, RD posted:
2011 was the year of kale, food trucks, mini desserts, gluten free and foodie apps.

For 2012, my votes go to chia as the next superfood, and even more of the local movement

What do you think will be big in 2012? What did you think was big in 2011? Any trend your happy to see go?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
I hope the food truck craze continues into 2012, I would love to see a few pop up in my area.

I can't help but picture hairy terra cotta when thinking about chia, but I am willing to give it a try.

I hope the small plate goes big. Paying big bucks for little food, is not my fav.
Elizabeth
~To eat is a necessity, to eat intelligently is an art.~ La Rochefoucauld

xtracrispy responded:
Quinoa! Maybe it's already been a trend... I've seen it on several menus. But I keep telling people about it, and no one seems to have heard of it. 2012 is it's year!

And sorta food related, but the latest cocktail trend seems to be to muddle hot peppers like jalapenos in drinks. It tastes a lot better than you'd think!

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 89 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.