Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Food Resolutions for 2012 - Have you made any?
    Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
    New Year's Resolutions usually focus on losing weight and exercising more. This year try a different twist to make changes that will keep you motivated and inspired to eat healthy - hopefully resulting in lost weight!
    • Clean out pantry, frig and freezer.
    • Cut out even more processed foods.
    • More fresh fruits and veggies.
    • Try a new recipe once a week.
    • Plan ahead!

Looking forward to hearing your Food Resolutions!
    Elizabeth
    ~To eat is a necessity, to eat intelligently is an art.~ La Rochefoucauld

seeit2 responded:
    I thought I'd try a meatless meal once a week, although since we have a milk allergy in the house it would most likely be a vegan recipe. I have a ton of them and use them willy nilly but I've never tried assigning one day per week to eat this way...which would require better planning, which I guess is a secondary goal.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to seeit2's response:
    Great idea! I love killing two birds with one stone. Although, probably not the best expression when discussing meatless meals.
    Elizabeth
    ~To eat is a necessity, to eat intelligently is an art.~ La Rochefoucauld

SubhaSubra responded:
    use large amount of oil normally ..........so its a fine time to reduce that................

Cheers,
    SUBHA

shebasmom13 responded:
    more fruits and vegetables and less processed foods no soda and more water

Helpful Tips

Another Roasted Garlic
    This is in response to charlie16220 on his Roasted Garlic: You can use left over whole garlic heads from a seafood boil on the grill for ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.