Skip to content

Announcements

a question about preparing infant formulas
rashbabu posted:
The American Academy Of Pediatrics, offers a tip on preparing Infant formulas...
"Remember that formula made with hot water needs to be cooled quickly to body temperature—about 98 degrees F—if it is being fed to the baby immediately."-
Source: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/PublicHealthFocus/ucm285401.htm

MY QUESTION: How is this done?- cooled quickly to body temperature-for immediate feeding

If it's not being fed immediately I assume it may be stored in fridge after it is made with hot water.

An_240941 responded:
I don't know. I always used bottled water kept at room temp. & I know you can keep those kind of pre-made bottles in the fridge, although I can't remember for how long....but the formula container will say for how long.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi rashbabu,

Here are a couple of resources that may be helpful -

Slideshow: The Facts About Bottle Feeding
Choosing Baby Formula - Page 3 discusses safety

Also, the members or expert on our Parenting Community may offer more response. Check it out for this question and future concerns.

Hope this is helpful -
Elizabeth
~To eat is a necessity, to eat intelligently is an art.~ La Rochefoucauld

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 89 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.