Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Diet for inflamed gallbladder
CynJoH posted:
My husband has an inflamed gallbladder, not gall stones.
he has to have a non-fat or Not greasey diet.
I need to get some ideas what kind of diet for him.
Any ideas?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome CynJoH!

This article, Gallbladder Diet , discusses foods that are good for his gallbladder, as well as what not to eat. Time to remove processed foods and fried foods from his vocabulary.

Sticking with fresh veggies, whole grains and lean proteins, check out our Stir Fry Recipes Directory .

And for a comfy food try this meatlessloaf - Vegetarian Garden Loaf with Maple Apricot Glaze. Please know, I have not made this, so you will have to let us know how it is.
Elizabeth
~To eat is a necessity, to eat intelligently is an art.~ La Rochefoucauld

CynJoH replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you Elizabeth, The diet is reasuring. It is pretty much what we have been doing. Except...cookies. he has a sweet tooth , and I have been leting him eat cookies and sweet rolls in his lunch box. Not anymore!
thank you again!

Helpful Tips

Divinely Delicious Lasagna - Low Fat, too!
I made this up, so you can do whatever you'd like with this. WARNING: You may end up making 2 dishes like I did. But, that's fine, ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.