Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

stress eating
redheaded50 posted:
I am a binge eater. If I am stressed,bored or depressed; I will overeat big time. What are some tips on how to control the overeating. I need to lose 12 lbs; but the binge eating is hindering my diet.

totallywiggedout responded:
I do this too, or at least used to. Now, I don't go anywhere without two bottles of water. When I go in to sit in the livingroom, I have water with me.
BUT, if I do need to munch, these are my "go to " snax.
1. 1/8c Hummus and baby carrots
2. 3c airpopped popcorn, sprayed with PAM butter flavor cooking spray , sprinkled with "nosalt" sodium substitute, and 1-2 packets of stevia (this makes it taste sort of like kettle corn)
3. 1/3 of a can of no sugar added fruit coctail and 2Tblsp, vanilla light and fit yogurt
4. 1/2 of a prewrapped square of semi sweet Baker's chocolate- lick this like a sucker, don't just devour it. I promise , it will kill your chocolate craving
5. 3Tblsp raisins , mixed with 1 tsp of "mini choc chips" , you can melt together in mw and stir for choc covered raisins

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
also if you have enough time to be bored, you have enough time to take a short walk or play some Wii tennis , or lift some light weights , or dance through 3 songs. Try these and you'll burn some calories and be less bored. I promise, this is what I do. I feel like eating or start being bored enough to munch, I turn on my Wii tennis and do 3 sets of 5 , lol.

redheaded50 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks for the suggestions. Next time I feel like I could eat everything in the pantry, I will try your recipes. Stuck with my diet today. Yipe!!! Good luck to you.

totallywiggedout replied to redheaded50's response:
and to you , fellow traveler.

Helpful Tips

6 Ways to Switch to Whole FoodsExpert
The more we know about nutrition and health, the more it seems we need to eat the way we did a hundred years ago. ?Recent research is ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 48 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.