Skip to content

Announcements

How do you like your eggs?
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
With the recent egg-happy holidays, you might be thinking of good ways to use all of your leftover eggs.

I love eggs, and think my favorite is what my family calls "dunk", sunny side up for me with a nice hunk of toast to dunk in it!

How do you like your eggs?
Elizabeth
~To eat is a necessity, to eat intelligently is an art.~ La Rochefoucauld

BlissfulWriter responded:
I like my eggs poached in boiling water so that yolk is just semi-cooked. That way I do not have to use much oil in cooking them. Eggs are among the healthiest foods because it contains all the ingredients to support the life of a chick. For healthy adults, I don't think they have to worry much about the cholesterol in eggs.

rohvannyn responded:
I have three favorites. One of my spouse's fabulous mushroom and chicken omelettes, or fried so the white is crispy but the yolk is soft (over a mat of blue potato hash browns if possible), or simply boiled so the white is firm but the yolk is slightly soft. Question: If you use blue potatoes, wouldn't they be hasblues or hashpurples?

totallywiggedout replied to rohvannyn's response:
Well, since the blues are called Peruvian Blue potatoes, I'd give them the credit and call them Peruvian Hash

jis4judy responded:
gee I like soft boiled or poached I also like a mushroom and pepper omlet hard boiled is my last not fond of scrambled at all

I do eat the yolks thats were the nutrients are that I need for eye health.
Hugs Judy:)

Tomato05 responded:
Mainly hard boiled egg-whites, sometimes poached (yolk included).

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 89 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.