Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

In the 90's today!
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
I live on the East Coast, and it's supposed to be in the high 90's today and for the next few days. Whatcha all cooking? I need some great grill recipe ideas. I can't think about turning the oven on inside.
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

totallywiggedout responded:
If you've got a big cast iron skillet, you could make a really nice deep dish pizza "baked" over indirect heat on the grill

totallywiggedout responded:
And funny you should ask, MSN has this in todays top slothttp://www.delish.com/entertaining-ideas/parties/barbecue-grilling/unexpected-grilling-recipes#slide-1
check out these great grilling recipes!

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Ahhhh thank you TWO for that great link!
I was thking of grilling a pizza today....hmmmm. It's 12:45 and 98 degrees here already, can't I just call the pizza man?
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

totallywiggedout replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
yes, but you wont know how many calories are in the sauce, and how good the ingredients are..... lol, Plus, homemade is always better. I have a good recipe for a pizza dough, but it has some flat beer in it so it's not to everybodys taste, but I have never had a better pizza dough than this one. So, on that note, I may also have pizza tonight, lol

RogerYokubaitis responded:
Don't sweat the heat until it reaches 100 or above. Here is Houston, I slowly cook a nice brisket on my outside grill at a medium temperature during the day until all the fat cooks off and I then will have a great meal of leftovers for a few days at least. Make sandwiches, fajitas, tacos, or anything else your heart desires.

mariav1visalus responded:
My husband and I have recently started the 90 Day Challenge for Weight Loss and we've been enjoying Vi Protein Shakes! One of our Favorites is the Pina Colada one with frozen Pineapple and Mango! mmm...

sbgyn responded:
Another option to consider is solar cooking, http://swdesertgardening.com/2012/06/30/cooking-with-a-solar-oven
especially for those who live in areas with lots of sunshine.
All energy used is free from the sun, and the kitchen stays cool. It won't work everywhere, but it is a great option for some.

Helpful Tips

What's Wrong With Eating Low Carb?Expert
Generally a really low carbohydrate eating plan is not desirable for most people because our brain and our muscles prefer to run on ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 37 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.