Skip to content

Announcements

Julia Child's Birthday!
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Julia Child would have been 100 today.
She really did influence my love of cooking.
Who influenced your cooking style? Does anyone inspire you to cook?

She was quite a pioneer.
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

butterflygarden responded:
Love Julia Child!

On her birthday, my husband and I watched a clip of her old show and hung on every word. She not only showed you how to cook it and serve it, but how to EAT it! (Oh, and what wine to drink with it!)

So many people influenced my cooking style, but I have to say my grandmother was the biggest. She was the first person to teach me to cook anything, standing on a chair by the stove with her as she showed me how to fry an egg over easy.

She also taught me that cooking is an art. Not that she said that to me out loud, but she rarely used a recipe. I learned how to savor flavors and anticipate how they would blend together. My grandmother Emma was a creative genius in the kitchen!

Butterfly

totallywiggedout replied to butterflygarden's response:
LOL the best thing about Julia Child was that she was an unabashed tippler. Who can think of even one episode of her show where she didn't imbibe in the wine or the sherry whilst cooking?
k

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
72 of 89 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.