Skip to content

Announcements

Indecision is my worse trait.........
cindigal posted:
I haven't been for a long time because I have been doing some crafting. Not too much but since it will be fall soon and that's the time I get busy. I dont have a business or anything, but I just get the adrenaline rush like to craft. Has anyone gone to the site Pinterest..?? Lately I was there gawking at the food recipes, especially desserts. Some of the things that I saw, I was drooling. I been known myself to concoct little tidbits myself that I made up and they were really simple and too only a few ingredients. I posted a few recipes in "Just a Pinch". Another one of my favorite sites.

At Christmas I am visiting my mom and sister in Florida and I want to bring little goodies in containers. The goodies have to travel well, nothing chocolate that will melt. I made the other day Toffee covered crackers....using Town House crackers. Used 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, crushed peanuts. This is one of example of what to bring.

I do enjoy crafts immensly but on the other hand, when I see people blog about their food and the recipes and it makes me think if I should do recipes and start blogging about food. When I craft, I somehow re-trace my steps constantly because I didnt bring my supplies to one location; front room for instance. Then I have things in the couch, counter, credenza...when I really wanted to hjave everything in one place. How did that happen...?? When I see those food blogs and things I can do.

cindigal

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome back, cindigal!

I love food blogs, too. LIke Chrissy, the mod here, I just love talking about food in general, which is why I enjoy dropping in on this board quite often to see what's going on.

I encourage you to join in as much as you can and share your recipes and foodie ideas.

We definitely want to get those great conversations flowing.

Olivia

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Ah welcome back!

Well we have a lot in common! Between crafting and recipes, I love them both!

OMGosh don't forget to follow WebMD on pinterest too. We have great Healthy Living options to drool over! http://pinterest.com/webmd/

I am the same way, I have things I craft all over the house. Needlepoint too.

Well at least we can get our recipes in order on this board. I promise to share lots! We can keep track here.
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

rohvannyn responded:
One thing that is fun to make for holidays is home-roasted flavored almonds. You can make flavored solutions, whether sweet or spicy or salty or whatever, mix it with the almonds, and roast the raw almonds at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes then let dry. Freshly roasted, tasty, flavorful, healthy, and they travel well. You can find lots of recipes online, for dry roast or oil roast. The possibilities are endless.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Helpful Tips

All fine with some changes
I am slightly diabetic and not overweight, but still make these changes to almost all baked goods: Replace all flour with a combination ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 16 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.