Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

suggesion
Ornilla posted:
hi,

i'm 30 years old. 5'2" tall and weigh 57 Kgs. i was 64 kgs and in two months i have managed to be 57. can you please advice if i can eat chicken steak with mashed potatao and stirr fried vegetables once a week as lunch? will it hamper my weight lose effort?and is 15 minutes jogging four days a week is moderately ok for me to maintain my weight?

erice_ma responded:
> if i can eat chicken steak with mashed potatao and stirr fried vegetables once a week as lunch?

Most any reasonable meal can be fit in.

> will it hamper my weight lose effort?

Your primary consideration is total calories in vs. out. The meal may be higher in calories than other meals. If so, you can compensate by consuming lower calorie options other parts of the day.

> is 15 minutes jogging four days a week is moderately ok for me to maintain my weight?

Any exercise is better than no exercise. In general, a weight loss program would call for more exercise. Current physical activity guidelines for Americans is to aim for at least 2.5 hours of moderate activity per week, more for weight loss.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya and welcome,

You may want to ask your question on our Diet Community as well.

You'll find informaiton from WebMD on our Healthy Eating & Diet Center as well.

Good luck!
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
66 of 83 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.