Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Frighteningly Fattening!
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Sharing a Frighteningly Fattening Food Slideshow!

What's your favorite comfort, slightly fattening, food for fall? Have you found a way to lighten it up at all? Something comforting yet still lower in calories and fat?
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

butterflygarden responded:
Mashed potatoes are always my go-to comfort food. I am not sure how much lighter it makes them, but I use fat-free milk, low-fat sour cream, and Smart Balance butter spread.

Butterfly

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to butterflygarden's response:
Oh a great way to lighten that comfort food up!

Now you have me wanting mashed potatoes tonight! Sometimes I even use plain Greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream! Delish.
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

rohvannyn replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
Adding cauliflower to macaroni and cheese helps reduce the caloric density while not messing up the taste too much. You can also add some nutritional yeast to it to improve the vitamin content. Nutritional yeast on popcorn is awesome, by the way!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
67 of 84 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.