Skip to content

Announcements

Recipe Swap: Italian Recipes!
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
For some reason every Columbus Day I make lasagna! Well I'm Italian so that goes over well in my house!

I can lighten it up with spinach and low fat ricotta cheese.

Whether it's vegetable lasagna or traditional, how do you make your lasagna?

How about sharing your favorite Italian recipe?
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
I just realized I didn't share my lasagna recipe!

For the most part, I brown some low in fat chop meat or turkey meat. I then add about 4 cups of marinara sauce be it jarred or homemade. I usually make my own, very easy.
I cook that for a while. At least an hour.

While that is cooking I shred mozzarella cheese and get the large container of ricotta cheese ready. To that I add 3 eggs and salt and pepper and sir until well blended.

When the sauce is cooked, I layer the lasagna pan with the sauce. I then take no cook noodles and put them on top of the sauce.
Then plop a table spoon over the noodles in 3 or places and add cheese. Then add more sauce. Then noodels and repeat.

Depending on the amount you are making, repeat this step 3 times. Finishing with one last layer of lasanga noodles and sauce and cheese.
Bake for at least an hour or more, until cooked and the noodles are soft.

Let sit at least 20 minutes and cut.
My family loves it!
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 87 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.