Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Alcohol and Loud Music
LAR666 posted:
I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area but this is the only section that I could find even remotely close about consumming food or anything that I can relate to consumming alcohol. I'm 21 and am familiar with drinking alcohol, I have no normal problem with it. My tolerance is fine and I don't drink too often. But when I tried to search a problem I've been having I can't find any information, in fact I find the opposite. Even before I was 21 I had been drinking even in public locations if they did not card me, I don't want judgements only helpful comments, I have been drinking for a few years now and never really been drunk and can normally consume several glasses without even getting a little nauseous or anything. But when I went to some night clubs for my 21st and since then when I've been at a location where the music is very very loud one glass of wine will make me sick and throw up. When I look this up the only information I can find is that loud music increases alcohol consumption but that isn't the case in my experience. What could cause this??

rohvannyn responded:
Sounds like you might want to try one of physiological boards, but let me take a shot at it.

So, I understand that your basic question is why one glass of wine will make you feel sick when you drink it in a location where there is a lot of really loud music playing? That sounds like an interesting problem. I can think of three possibilities, but a doctor type person would have more insight on this.

A number of things can make you feel sick when drinking. Dehydration does it, as does poor quality alcohol with more impurities/sulfites/etc in it. I can tell you that when I drink cheap wine it makes me feel pretty bad pretty fast. The loud music could be messing with your equilibrium. Good luck finding an answer!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya and welcome,

I can't help but think that sometimes it might even be the atmophere of where we are drinking and how it affects us.

I think you should talk to your doctor about this.
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

Helpful Tips

What's Wrong With Eating Low Carb?Expert
Generally a really low carbohydrate eating plan is not desirable for most people because our brain and our muscles prefer to run on ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 39 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.