Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Along with the Holidays Come
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Drinks anyone?

Do you have a favorite low calorie drink you'd like to share? A way to lighten up the often high caloric drinks we tend to choose this time of year?

Here is a delicious slideshow from WebMD with great drink ideas!

10 Skinny Cocktails
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

rohvannyn responded:
My mom likes to add Sprite or 7-Up to egg nog to lighten it up because it's too thick for her. You could use diet lemon-lime soda as well, I suppose.

I like spiced cider, which you can make yourself by gently heating apple juice with cinnamon and other spices. Time for me to break out the juicer! Pear cider could be nice too.

Homemade cranberry juice is awesome. You can use a blender as a juicer, but then you need something to strain the pulp through. Coffee filters work all right, a clean nylon stocking works better for a filter. Mix the fruit pieces with water to get them started.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

Chris_WebMD_Staff replied to rohvannyn's response:
Hiya Roh,

As always you have some great ideas here! There is this one brand of eggnog I just love and I bet adding some diet lemon line soda to it would be wonderful! I'll drink to that.
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

butterflygarden responded:
Crystal Light makes three drink mixes that you can have with or without alcohol: appletini, margarita and mojito. One serving is 5 calories, and they taste pretty good. Just add your favorite regular spirits and you've got a skinny version of those drinks.

Butterfly

EmilyDouglas78 responded:
I like 7UP most. It gives me refreshing feeling and is also light.

healthy skin foundation

Helpful Tips

6 Ways to Switch to Whole FoodsExpert
The more we know about nutrition and health, the more it seems we need to eat the way we did a hundred years ago. ?Recent research is ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 49 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.