Recipe Swap! Crock Pot Ideas
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
I love my crock pot meals, especially in the winter months.
I make a great pulled pork recipe and pot roast as well.

Do you use your crock pot?

Is there a recipe you'd like to share with us?

Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

butterflygarden responded:
My mom has a really great recipe for Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese. There is probably nothing healthy about it, but it's yummy.

Let me see if I can get it from her and share it here.

Can't wait to see what others post! Love my crock pot.

Butterfly

erice_ma responded:
I also do pulled pork. Most frequently, I use it to make baked beans. But sometimes beef/chicken stew or for making stock from bones. Cooking Light (I think) had a nice recipe for slow cooked basalmic winter vegetables that I use at the holidays.

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hey!

Here are some great slow cooker recipes from here at WebMD as well.

Enjoy:

Festive, Fix-It-Fast Slow Cooker Recipes

Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining

Olivia

butterflygarden responded:
Found it! (Warning: Not low cal, just comfort food! However, you can probably use skim milk and lowfat cheese to lighten it up.)

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

8 oz macaroni cooked
12 oz can evaporated milk
1-1/2 c milk
2 eggs
3 - 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients but about a cup of cheese together in the slow cooker. Stir until well-blended.

Cook on low setting for 3 - 4 hours. 30 minutes before serving, sprinkle top with the 1 cup of reserved cheese and allow to melt over top. The recipe my sister has says not to stir while cooking, but my mom says she always stirs it a few times just to be sure the cheese is all mixed in.

Hope you like it!

Butterfly

foodadvenger responded:
I love my crock pot. The kids have no idea that vegetables could taste so could. It is a great way to get your kids to eat lots of yummy food, that they would not like individually. Stephanie mother of 3

wax45601 responded:
chicken and dumplings in the crock pot, easy & delish.
3 - 4 boneless skinless chkn breasts, spray crockpot with nonstick spray. add chicken, one large or 2 small cans of cream of chicken soup. add onion to taste, enough water to cover the chicken. cook on high for 5 1/2 hrs. then open a can of refrigerated biscuits, cut each biscuit in quarters, roll and drop on top of chicken. cook in crock pot another 30 min.