Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Recipe Swap! Crock Pot Ideas
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
I love my crock pot meals, especially in the winter months.
I make a great pulled pork recipe and pot roast as well.

Do you use your crock pot?

Is there a recipe you'd like to share with us?

Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

butterflygarden responded:
My mom has a really great recipe for Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese. There is probably nothing healthy about it, but it's yummy.

Let me see if I can get it from her and share it here.

Can't wait to see what others post! Love my crock pot.

Butterfly

erice_ma responded:
I also do pulled pork. Most frequently, I use it to make baked beans. But sometimes beef/chicken stew or for making stock from bones. Cooking Light (I think) had a nice recipe for slow cooked basalmic winter vegetables that I use at the holidays.

Olivia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hey!

Here are some great slow cooker recipes from here at WebMD as well.

Enjoy:

Festive, Fix-It-Fast Slow Cooker Recipes

Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining

Olivia

butterflygarden responded:
Found it! (Warning: Not low cal, just comfort food! However, you can probably use skim milk and lowfat cheese to lighten it up.)

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

8 oz macaroni cooked
12 oz can evaporated milk
1-1/2 c milk
2 eggs
3 - 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
salt & pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients but about a cup of cheese together in the slow cooker. Stir until well-blended.

Cook on low setting for 3 - 4 hours. 30 minutes before serving, sprinkle top with the 1 cup of reserved cheese and allow to melt over top. The recipe my sister has says not to stir while cooking, but my mom says she always stirs it a few times just to be sure the cheese is all mixed in.

Hope you like it!

Butterfly

foodadvenger responded:
I love my crock pot. The kids have no idea that vegetables could taste so could. It is a great way to get your kids to eat lots of yummy food, that they would not like individually. Stephanie mother of 3

wax45601 responded:
chicken and dumplings in the crock pot, easy & delish.
3 - 4 boneless skinless chkn breasts, spray crockpot with nonstick spray. add chicken, one large or 2 small cans of cream of chicken soup. add onion to taste, enough water to cover the chicken. cook on high for 5 1/2 hrs. then open a can of refrigerated biscuits, cut each biscuit in quarters, roll and drop on top of chicken. cook in crock pot another 30 min.

Helpful Tips

Divinely Delicious Lasagna - Low Fat, too!
I made this up, so you can do whatever you'd like with this. WARNING: You may end up making 2 dishes like I did. But, that's fine, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.