Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Recipe Swap:Easy Meals
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and some time off.
I know those who cooked over the holiday worked harder than if you went to work!

So let's talk easy meals and dare I say take out!

I have an easy to make "Chinese take out" meal I may just make this week! I'm tired.

Mock Chop Suey Casserole

1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
3/4 C. chopped onion
2 C. chopped celery
1 can cream of chicken soup low sodium
1 can cream of mushroom soup low sodium
1/2 C uncooked brown rice
2 cups boiling water
1 Tbls Soy Sauce low sodium
1 can chow mein noodles

Brown ground beef in a skillet; rain off excess fat. Combine with remaining ingredients, except chow mein noodles. Put into a 13x9 inch baking dish.
Bake covered at 350 degrees 45 minutes until rice is tender.
Uncover and sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Bake additional 10 minutes.
Enjoy "take out" you made with little mess to clean up!

Who's next?
Chrissy~

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Virginia Woolf

number3nw responded:
when i am low on time and energy,

i make miso soup!

bring one quart water to a boil and add some kind of seaweed in small pieces. lower to simmer. once this boils for a few minutes you have a traditional japanese stock called dashi. but don't wait, add whatever other ingredients you have on hand in the order that makes the most sense for cooking times. for example, first, add root vegetables, like carrots, daikon, or burdock. second add mushrooms. cabbage is good too. add tofu if you have some or any leftover grains. prepare chopped greens and garlic but don't add them yet! remove a cup of the stock first and then add the garlic and greens. cover the pot, then mix 3 tablespoons miso in with the 1 cup stock and 2 T tahini if you've got it. once its well blended return it to the pot and stir. garnish with chives, scallions, or any other onions. try not to boil the miso. this is a satisfying soup. enjoy!

Helpful Tips

Divinely Delicious Lasagna - Low Fat, too!
I made this up, so you can do whatever you'd like with this. WARNING: You may end up making 2 dishes like I did. But, that's fine, ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.