Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Great advice I got
cindigal posted:
I finally got a great response to one of posts regarding fruit and sugar. I posted lengthy story in a few communities and didnt get any satisfaction to my post till now. A member reply to my post and my doctor was right about fruit having alot of sugar and her nutritionist concurred with and told her that "avoid ALL sugar as much as possible to try to get my metabolism going. I also thought "Well, raw fruit is really healthy...surely I should eat lots of that!" but she said I'm not to have more than 1 handful of fruit per day since I'm having such a hard time losing".

My story was thatI i went to the doctor a few weeks ago and when totally frustrated when I weighed and told him that I am going to the gym nearly evry day and eating healthy, I cook chicken alot but not fried. I told him that I was making smoothies nearly every day. He said that was my problem. The fruit in them is why I am not losing weight. For the time being I am buying lot of veggies and have either salad with romaine lettuce or spinach, green onions, tomatoe, cucumbers which is very filling. I buy the low sugar dressing or else put some lemon juice and some spices. I was also drinking orange juice every morning but I switched to low sugar juices instead. I love tea in summer and drinking green tea alot with little sweetener like stevia or splenda. I found the best green ever and it comes in a big box. Luzianne tea i found had the greatest flavor ever.

cindigal

Helpful Tips

Have you tried Quinoa yet? You should!Expert
Quinoa is a whole grain that has been around for thousands of years...once considered the "gold of the Incas." I've been trying to think ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 87 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Healthy Recipe Doctor - Elaine Magee, MPH, RD

Dietician Elaine Magee has the secret recipe for creating healthy meals that are guaranteed to please any condition or diet...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.